The Congregation of Saint Rose of Lima was founded in 1900 by Rose Hawthorne Lathrop, (Mother Mary Alphonsa), the daughter of Nathaniel Hawthorne.
Rose was a convert to Catholicism and in searching for a way to serve God and the poor began her work of caring for incurable cancer patients on the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
As consecrated religious, we live our consecration first through the daily Liturgy of the Eucharist, our daily liturgical prayer, our common apostolate and our lifelong study.
Rosary Hill Home
600 Linda Avenue
Hawthorne, New York 10532
Phone: (914) 769-0114
For Vocation Inquiries, call or email:
Sister Alma Marie, O.P.
Phone: ( 845) 745-1319